Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Search

further...further 
into the shaded darkness...
I wander deeper into an unyielding forest
the harder I search...the more entangled I become
in a world far from what I once knew  

my steps quiet...
not wanting to disturb the melody of life
in the deeper reaches of the forest lies an open glade
exhausted and trembling...I fall upon an ivy covered log 
my senses opening to that which is around me

slowly...
noise begins to chorus back to normal 
the brush of wind caressing the majestic guardians
whistling through branches...leaves softly cascade onto the forest floor
birds pick up on the melody, harmonizing to life ebbing away

breathing deeply...
drinking in the heavy mead of life around me
the heady scent of pine... flavored with touches of dated lavender
moss and peat... wet from an earlier rainfall
a lingering taste of ozone 

eyes tearing...
I see life slowly circling towards it restful sleep
Autumn oranges and reds covering the forest floor
a snowfall of embers, bright vibrant colors shouting in death 
"I will emblazon the world...death will not be done quietly"

wetting my lips....
I taste the saltiness of my tears
yet, longing for the sweetness of what life was
instead... it is the bitterness of decay that swirls around my mouth
likened to an over-ripened fruit that has long seen its day 

skin prickles...
feeling the chill of an early evening shadow 
slowly the eternal night shifts towards this haven
crawling into the deepness of this once protected warm shelter
bones feeling the harsh grip of winter's hold

standing..
darkness enfolding the setting light
deafening silence replaces life's eternal music
the sense of tiredness overburdens my shoulders
sleep awaits...






No comments:

Post a Comment