Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas memories

One of my most memorable Christmas' days
took place in Southern Germany
I was with my best friend and the woman I loved
we were walking along a snow-dusted cobblestone road
between small kiosks all covered in winter snow
the light and fluffy kind that slowly falls over hours
the air was crisp, and tingled the skin in a refreshing way
everywhere you looked were the signs of the season
wreaths with flowers and cones, candles lit in place of normal lights
holly and mistletoe hanging from store shops and lamp posts
we sipped on warm gluhwein and ate little pastries
the air smelled of fresh cooking, roasted chickens and fresh bread
the shops had little trinkets and wooden toys
we talked and shopped for hours, til late into the night
the day lasted forever, and yet still ended way too soon
though many years have passed 
this has always been one of my treasured 
Christmas memories

What is yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment