Sunday, December 11, 2011

Serendipitous Destiny

What I truly find amazing is how life seems to be so chaotic in the here and now, and yet... when one reflects back there is the appearance that everything was meant to be. I've always believed in fate, but not in the predetermined...I can read your future and know what you are going to be eating for breakfast next Thursday, kind of way.   I believe that everyone has an ending destiny, but how we get there, if we get there is based on the decisions we make along the way.  What really throws a wrench in the works is when you have to decide whether that choice you made was truly free will or a predestined decision....hahahaha

But...to give an example of what I am trying to understand about serendipitous destiny is the concept of friendship.  We make friends with people we normally want to hang out with, they are the people we share common goals and beliefs.  We join a team because we enjoy a specific sport and it is a given that our teammates are going to share the same love for that sport...or we join the military because we have the same sense of patriotism as our buddies in the battle field...

What about those friendships that we make where there is no common ground?  We get put on a mandatory project or class and we meet one or several individuals who we have nothing whatsoever in common with and yet we build a friendship that outshines any other friendship that we have ever had before.  Is that a friendship that was destined to be...or one of coincidence???  If you had never made the choice to attend that project or class, then more than likely you would never have met that person and never created an everlasting friendship.  On top of that, how in the world can you have a friendship with a person who does not have the same likes and dislikes as you do...a person that unless you had not been thrust upon each other would never have even exchanged words passing each other on the street. 

So was it luck you met the person or was it destined to happen???

1 comment:

  1. I continue to find friendship in unexpected places, and it has totally changed my life. I find that the more I'm open to others, the more friends I have. That has rang true for me...I was never very open to friendship growing up, but now I have more friends than I have ever had. I'm totally thrilled about it!

    ReplyDelete